- The 8th Asi@Connect Meeting (3 August 2020) The 8th Asi@Connect Meeting will held in virtual conference on 3 August 2020. When & Where3 August 2020, UTC 07:00 ~ 09:00 (15:00 ~ 17:00 in Hong Kong)Venue: Virtual Conference (with APAN50 hosted by JUCC)How to connect? To join the virtual meeting room, please follow below steps:1. Register APAN50: https://apan50.hk/registration/ 2. Invitation email from APAN503. Create APAN50 account (link via invitation email)4. Log-in APAN50: https://apan50.hk/ 5. Join a session : virtual meeting room link will be provided by TEIN*CC (email)Asi@Connect meeting will be held in conjunction with APAN50 Meeting that supports the virtual meeting room and technical support. For more information about Asi@Connect meeting, please contact Ms. Eunjin HU(Tel: +82-2-3153-7343/ email: email@example.com)
- The 7th Asi@Connect Meetings in Nepal Cancelled The upcoming APAN49 and Asi@Connect Meetings in Kathmandu, Nepal cancelled due to the current outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) across Asia region.TEIN*CC will update for further details.
- Results of the 4th Call for Proposals (final) TEIN*CC opened the 4th Call for Proposals for Asi@Connect sub-granted projects from 7 June 2019 to 15 July 2019. During the submission period, a total of 157 eligible concept notes* were submitted, and 35 proposals were invited to submit the full proposal. From the 4th CFP, two stages as one for concept note and then full proposal. I was expected to reduce workload of proposers and to reinforce evaluation process. Those only who passed the concept note evaluation process were invited to submit their full proposals.As a result of the full proposal evaluation, 16 proposals were selected.The selected proposals will be conducted under the Asi@Connect objectives to benefit TEIN communities, typically the least developing countries and to promote international collaboration using the TEIN network.WP Title Country Organization Regional* Diversity WP2 Routing Infrastructure and Security Operations WorkshopPKPakistan Education & Research Network (PERN)AF, BD, ID, KH, LA, LK, MM, MN, MY, NP, PH, VN, TH, CN, HKHands on Training on Fundamental Web and Application Security Issues for NREN ProfessionalsBDInstitute of Information Technology, University of DhakaAF, BD, BT, KH, LA, MM, NP, LK, VNWorkshop on Campus Network Operation and Security ManagementBDDepartment of Computer Science and Information Technology (CIT), Patuakhali Science and Technology University (PSTU)BD, BT, KH, ID, LA, MM, NP, LKTraining on Linux System Administration for IT Technicians of Public Universities in AfghanistanAFGawharshad UniversityAFWP3 Network Security Trainings and Workshops across Selected Women Universities in PakistanPKDepartment of Cyber security and Data science, Riphah Institute of Systems Engineering, Riphah international university, Islamabad, PakistanPKNetwork Infrastructure UpgradeINCentre For Cellular and Molecular Biology (CSIR-CCMB)INWP4 Large Data Transfer Infrastructure and Training for Asi@ConnectSGSingapore Advanced Research and Education NetworkIN, PH, TH, SGOF@TEIN++: Open Federated Playgrounds for AI-inspired Smart X ServicesKRGIST (Gwangju Institute of Science & Technology)MY, TH, VN, ID, MM, LA, KH, BT, PH, IN, PK, TW, KRIncreasing Federated Identity, Roaming and E-infrastructure (iFIRE)AUAustralian/Australian Access Federation (AAF)AF, BD, BT, KH, IN, ID, LA, MY, MN, MM, NP, PK, PH, LK, TH, VNWP5 Expansion of Quality Care of Nuclear Medicine using Asi@Connect in Asian CountriesKRSeoul National UniversityBD, ID, VN, TH, MM, MYLandSAGE3 - Networked Collaborative Decision Support for Monitoring and Mitigation of Natural Disasters (Landslides, Mudflows, and Floods) in Southeastern Asia via the Cyber-enabled Collaboration, Analysis, Navigation, and Observation EnvironmentKHInstitute of Technology of Cambodia (ITC)KH, LA, VN, THClimate-Resilient Agriculture for Disaster Risk ReductionTHHydro – Informatics Institute (HII), Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation (MHESI), Thailand JP, TW, IN,TH, PH, KH, ID, LA, MY, MM, SG, VNAgPractices&Domains platform – An Integrative System of Information and Modelling for Recommendations Domains of Agricultural Best Management Practices and TechnologiesAUUNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN QUEENSLAND/AUSTRALIAPH, MMReal-time Spatiotemporal Emissions MappingPKLahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)PKWP6 ICT Research and Development for Rural/Remote Areas of PakistanPKDepartment of Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Narowal Campus, PakistanPKImplementation of e-Learning and associated Capacity Building for identified schools in BhutanBTCollege of Science and Technology, Royal University of Bhutan (RUB)BT* Regional Diversity refers to the countries that are mentioned in the proposal as beneficiary countries
- Asi@Connect National Launch Event in Myanmar 11 January 2020, Yangon – The research and education community in Myanmar celebrated the official inauguration of Asi@Connect project. This project seamlessly extends and builds on the successful Trans-Eurasia Information Network (TEIN) initiative. The national launch event was hosted by the University of Computer Studies, Yangon (UCSY), the Asi@Connect partner in Myanmar.Talking about the significance of this new project, Mr. Johann Hessee, the head of cooperation of the European Union to Myanmar pointed out that: “The EU has long supported people to people connectivity. Asi@Connect, co-funded by the EU, is an excellent example of one of the largest regional connectivity initiatives, with the research & education communities of 24 Asia-Pacific countries inter-connected by powerful high-capacity, high quality Internet linkages. Since TEIN network connection to Myanamr in 2018, the R&E communities in Myanmar benefit from this network infrastrucuture as well as human capacity building programs by Asi@Connect project. Asi@Connect is a platform for promoting a secure, open and cooperative ICT and research environment between Asia and Europe. We are happy to extend the Asi@Connect initiative to Myanmar, which will allow its academic community to get access to the world-class research and education networks.”Mr. Johann Hassee, the head of cooperation of the European Union to MyanmarSpeaking at the event, Union Minister for Education Dr. Myo Thein Gyi said a good environment, encouraging learning, training, research and creativity, is being established to expand the abilities of students, youths and lifelong learners in the higher education reform processes. Research is the lifeline of a university, and also important to develop a nation’s economy and ensure long-term harmonious development, he added. Dr. Myo Thein Gyi, Union Minister for Education of Myanmar “The official launch of Asi@Connect marks the opening of a major new chapter in research networking across Asia-Pacific,” Dr. Mie Mie Thet Thwin and Rector of UCSY said “Asi@Connect will enable the connection of more countries at higher speeds, roll out advanced network services and contribute to achieving development goals through improved access to education and research resources, thus bridging the digital divide in the region.” UCSY is representing Myanmar Research and Education Network (mmREN), the national research and education network in Myanmar, as a participating member of TEIN initiative since 2012. The TEIN (Trans-Eurasia Information Network) connected to mmREN in December 2018 at a capacity of 45 Mbps and mmREN is actively participating in Asi@Connect project including the Call For Proposal awarded programmes. Last November, the video conferencing from University of Medicine, Myanmar connected through the mmREN link to Kyushu University, Japan.About mmREN The University of Computer Studies in Yangon (UCSY) has been acting as the Myanmar’s national research and education network (mmREN). Since 2012, UCSY has contributed to establishing mmREN that is set to become a digital platform for all universities in the country. UCSY is one of the leading institutions in Myanmar, fostering research & teaching collaboration and information sharing between universities in Myanmar and internationally. Since the beginning of USCY’s engagement in the TEIN programme in 2012, several knowledge sharing sessions and capacity building activities for member universities have been conducted under theTEIN-4 and Asi@Connect projects. For more information about UCSY, visit http://www.ucsy.edu.mm/
- 2020.12.04 ~ 2020.12.04 ㅇ When: - Date: 03 October 2020 to 21 November 2020 - Time: 16:00-18:00 [GMT+6]ㅇ Where: Virtual (Using Zoom Platform).ㅇ Overview: The purpose of this course is to prepare participants for a possible future role as a practicing statistician. This course introduces how to present, analyze and interpret data using industry standard software package. In every field of work, confidently and competently analyzing data and drawing conclusions are extremely crucial and phenomenally important. This course will help the trainees to develop the skills using statistical software package/s. The package/s that will be used to demonstrate is/are widely used in business, industry, government, commerce and the education and health sectors. As mentioned, the classes will be conducted using industry renowned software package/s but the student might follow any standard package/s to complete the given assignments.ㅇ Certificate/Award: - Digital Certificate will be delivered to successful Candidates. - Top 15 performer will receive award of 50 Euro each.Where: Virtual (Using Zoom Platform).Week Topic(s) Date Time (GMT+6) Hours 1 Introduction to Statistics October 03, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 2 Introduction to Computer Applications on Statistical Analysis and Data Entry October 10, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 3 Computing Measures of Central Tendency Using Computer Application/s October 17, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 4 Computing Measures of Dispersion Using Computer Application/s October 24, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 5 Creating Graphs and Cross Tables Using Computer Application/s October 31, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 6 Correlation Analysis Using Computer Application/s November 07, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 7 Regression Analysis Using Computer Application/s November 14, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 8 Test of Hypothesis Using Computer Application/s November 21, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 ㅇhttps://dle.asiaconnect.bdren.net.bd/upcoming_event/dle6/
- 2020.09.30 ~ 2020.09.30 ㅇ Date: 30 September, 2020ㅇ Time: 10:00am-01:00pm [GMT+6]ㅇ Venue: Virtual "Using Zoom Application"ㅇ Overview Blockchain Technology has become the latest hype. What is Blockchain? Is it legal to deal with Blockchain Technology? Is it related only with Bitcoins which is yet to be legalized in many countries including Bangladesh? If it is not, then what are its usages and in which field this technology is relevant to? How is it applicable to REN community? Is blockchain secured? Is it a panacea? All these questions will be addressed in two and half hours of intensive discussion among industry renowned academicians and professionals who have wide experience on this specific field. Also, issues of the relevancy of blockchain with REN and the member institutes under REN community, particularly the Higher Education Institutes (HEI) will be intensely thrashed out in this brief discussion session. At the end, the future roadmap of Blockchain will also be looked into with a special focus on the role of this specific fDLuDCf project in taking the technology move forward. Also we can think about moving forward with some other project using this technology and look for the financing source. ㅇPresenters and Panelists Name Role Organization/Affiliation Country 1 Prof. Dr. Md. Sadek Ferdous Presenter Professor, Department of CSE, SUST Bangladesh 2 Khondkar Atique-e-Rabbani, FCA Presenter B Tech (Hons), UK Bangladesh 3 Mir Masud Kabir Panelist & Chair Managing Director Mango Telecom, Bangladesh Bangladesh 4 Prof. Dr. Muheymin-us-Sakib Panelist IIT, Dhaka University, Bangladesh Bangladesh 5 Mr. Habibullah N. Karim Panelist Founder & CEO Technohaven Company Ltd Bangladesh 6 Sami Ahmed Panelist Bangladesh ㅇ Agenda: Blockchain Architecture Characteristics Types of Blockchain Application versatility Relevance with NRENs Challenges in Implementations Any suggestion to move forwardㅇ URL for details: https://dle.asiaconnect.bdren.net.bd/upcoming_event/digitalk-1/ ㅇ Meeting ID: https://bdren.zoom.us/s/68347379682ㅇ Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/BdRENUGC/
- 2020.09.28 ~ 2020.10.02 ㅇ When: September 28-October 02, 2020ㅇ Where: S-block (S-18 Lab), Science Block, Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi, Pakistanㅇ Organizer: Riphah International University, Islamabad, Pakistan in support from European Union, TEIN*CC and Asi@connectㅇ About the eventThe Network Security Training and Workshop for women network engineers supported by Asi@Connect will be held on September 28-October 02, 2020, at Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi, Pakistan organized by Riphah International University, Islamabad, Pakistan. This workshop is designed for Women Network engineers and staffs working at Universities and academic networks, primarily involved with network monitoring and security. The course is for those who need to secure Network. This course is designed on diverse Network security principles. It includes conceptual sessions as well as hands-on labs. This workshop is designed to enhance and amplify women's network security skills, understanding, and knowledge.ㅇ Web LINK: https://fjwu.edu.pk/fjwu-events/network-security-training-and-workshop/ ㅇ Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/333577181218203/?active_tab=about
- 2020.09.08 ~ 2020.09.08 Date: 8th Tuesday, September 2020 Place: Real-time video conference joining 5 countries -- Faculty of Engineering at Chulalongkorn University (CU), Thailand -- Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), South Korea -- Faculty of Engineering at National University of Laos (NUOL), Laos -- The University of Tokyo, Japan -- University of Malaya, MalaysiaTarget attendance: The IoTcloidServe@TEIN project member and executive invited guests from the organizations in collaboration with IoTcloudServe@TEIN project(Background): Future Internet evolution with the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) has already shed light upon a huge potential as connected-society enablement. With the exponential growth of IoT, a scaleable data-centric IoT system by sharing the physical resources across services or workloads is needed to support the huge data collection and processing from various IoT devices. To investigate this challenge together in TEIN community, this “Data-Centric IoT-Cloud Service Platform for Smart Communities (IoTcloudServe@TEIN)” project has been instantiated within the umbrella of Asi@Connect with the following objectives:- To design, develop, and operate a centralized IoT-cloud service platform site (called “IoTcloudServe@TEIN”) in Thailand, that is accessible over TEIN communities with the supports from the OF@TEIN+ underlay network infrastructure.- To demonstrate the usefulness of the developed IoTcloudServe@TEIN by running three data-centric IoT-cloud services in two selected TEIN sites, namely, Smart-Energy/Mobility@Chula (Chulalongkorn University, Thailand) and Smart-Agriculture@NUOL (National University of Laos).(Event Purpose): In this completion of the IoTcloudServe@TEIN project, this 3rd collaboration community meeting is intended to share in TEIN communities and collaborating partners important lessons learnt. Here, the Smart-Energy/Smart-Mobility@Chula and Smart-Agriculture@NUOL sites will be demonstrated together with the container-based orchestrating system provisioned by the IoTcloudServe@TEIN testbed infrastructure. At the finale, potential participants are encouraged to discuss upon possible further collaboration in the upcoming Open Federated Playgrounds for AI-Inspired SmartX Services (OF@TEIN++) by utilizing the learnt lessons and established IoTcloudServe@TEIN playground.URL for details: https://github.com/IoTcloudServe/the-3rd-collaboration-community-meeting
- 2020.08.22 ~ 2020.10.10 Online course on: Data Center Virtualization and Cloud Computing Infrastructure When: Date: 22 August 2020 to 10 October 2020 Time: 11:00-13:00 [GMT+6] Where: Virtual (Using Zoom Platform). Overview: Main goal of this course is to introduce the components of a Data Center and Cloud Computing. The main purpose of this course is to give a holistic view of the Data Center and its components virtualization techniques. Certificate/Award: Digital Certificate will be delivered to successful Candidates. Top 15 performer will receive award 50 Euro each.Topics: Instructors: Khandakar Rashedul Arefin, Manager, Data Center, BdREN Md. Ariful Islam, Manager, Data & Transmission, BdREN Jamilur Rahman, Network Engineer (NOC), BdREN Abu Naser Md. Nafew, Network Engineer (NOC), BdREN Participants: Around 200+ For Details: https://dle.asiaconnect.bdren.net.bd/upcoming_event/dle-5/
- 2020.05.07 ~ 2020.05.07 Date and Time: 07 May 2020 at 10:00am (GMT+6)Venue: Virtual "Using Zoom Application" The outbreak of COVID19 has been taking away human life without any discrimination of caste, creed, color and economy. However, it’s our strong belief that eventually human being will be able to conquer over this morbid invisible element and in the process will save humanity. Hence, even during this time of sadness and gloom, we have to keep the wheel rolling.It goes without saying that COVID19 has cast a big pall of gloom on the NREN industry particularly due to closure of all educational institutions which has resulted in plummeting the traffic. However, not everything is falling as curse and there are silver lining in this cloud as some of the NRENs have found some alternative ways to offer innovative solutions to educational community particularly in supporting their demand of online education. In this seminar we will discuss on the challenges being encountered and the probable solutions being offered to surmount those challenges. Objective: The principal objective is to exchange information and find ways to support our customers in a better way.Agenda: Fallout of COVID19Challenges being faced by the NRENMitigating Steps takenAny visible OutcomeAny shortcomings facedSuggestions/Recommendations for the NRENsURL for details: https://dle.asiaconnect.bdren.net.bd/upcoming_event/diginar-iii/
- 2020.03.21 ~ 2020.05.09 Date: 21 March to 09 May 2020Venue: Virtual "Using Zoom Application"Participants: "Registration is still ongoing" Expected# 200 from 5 different countriesInstructor: Engr. Palash Gupta, Consultant, OSS/CEM/Big DataIntroduction to Big Data and Hadoop is an ideal course package for individuals who want to understand the basic concepts of Big Data and Hadoop. On completing this course, trainees will be able to interpret what goes behind the processing of huge volume & variety of data as the industry moves from relational database analytics consuming high processing time to real-time analytics with extensively expedited processing speed. In addition, the trainees would be able to relate when it is efficient designing solution on top of Big Data and how it is designed to store large data set in distributed mode using a cost-effective model.URL for details: https://dle.asiaconnect.bdren.net.bd/upcoming_event/big-data/ Week Topic Date Time[GMT+6] Duration 1 Introduction to Big Data & Hadoop 21 March, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 Hours 2 Understanding Hadoop HDFS & Map Reduce 28 March 2020 16:00~18:00 2 Hours 3 Basic Hadoop Configuration, Setup, Administration and Command Reference 04 April 2020 16:00~18:00 2 Hours 4 Understanding Spark Essential, Architecture 11 April 2020 16:00~18:00 2 Hours 5 Spark Configuration, Administration & Setup 18 April 2020 16:00~18:00 2 Hours 6 Fundamental of Python and Shell Scripting 25 April 2020 11:00~1300 2 Hours 7 Programming with HDFS & Spark 02 May 2020 11:00~1300 2 Hours 8 Practical Experiment with a real-life problem 09 May 2020 11:00~1300 2 Hours
- 2020.01.15 ~ 2020.01.17 O When: 15~17 January 2020O Where: RHR Hotel Kajang, MalaysiaO Event URL : http://indico3.twgrid.org/indico/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=921The goal of the event is to be a premier venue for researchers and practitioners to share new ideas, research results and development experiences in natural disasters monitoring and analysis in Malaysia.About UND projectUND(Understanding National Disaster) Project leverages the verified simulation facilities and regional e-Infrastructure, this project will engage more user communities and case studies from Asia countries, consequently, generate more inputs to the shared knowledge base.This project is led by NCU(National Chinese University) & AS(Academia Sinica) in Taiwan.
[Contract Notice] RFP for NREN Needs Assessment(NNA)
TEIN*CC would like to release the Request for Proposal(RFP) for NREN Needs Assessment(NNA) to unde...
[Supply Contract Notice] – Desktop Computers, Furniture, Laptops, Electrical materials, Network equipment and accessories, etc.
TEIN*CC is seeking offers for the provision, delivery, installation and support of Desktop Comput...
[Service Contract Notice] Juniper MX480 router Maintenance Service at TEIN BJ POP
TEIN*CC is seeking offers for the maintenance service for one Juniper MX480 (Serial No. JN1228B9...
[Service Contract Notice] Juniper MX240 router Maintenance Service at TEIN SG POP
TEIN*CC is seeking offers for the maintenance service for one Juniper MX240 (Serial No. JN125830...
Asi@Conncet is co-funded by the European Union under
Grant contract ACA 2016/376-562. This website is the
sole responsibility of TEIN*CC and can in no way be
taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
The Ministry of Science and ICT of the Republic of Korea supports TEIN*Cooperation Center's operation and project costs.
The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of TEIN*CC and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the Ministry of Science and ICT of the Republic of Korea.
Seoul Metropolitan City Government has contributed
TEIN*Cooperation Center office, facilities and property