Progress and Challenges in Introducing Eduroam and Federated Identity under Asi@Connect/GEANT
o Date: 18-19 December 2019
o Venue: Virtual (Using Zoom Platform)
Distinguished speakers from NRENs of Asi@Connect and GEANTT will speak about the progresses they have attained in introducing eduroam and Federated Identity in their countries. They will present their statistics of coverage of eduroam in terms of number of institutes, number of sites, number of Access Points and number of users. Also expected are their future plan (it may be next 3 years) in increasing the coverage of eduroam. Moreover, speakers from countries where Identity Federation is already established will spell out the challenges they faced in building the federation and also the challenges they are facing at the moment. It is solicited from their demonstration that the scope and roadmap of the federation will be highlighted. In case of participating in eduGain the speakers may come out with their progress and plan. If there is any suggestion from the experts about establishing federation for the budding NRENs, that will also be spawned out.
- Coverage: No of Institutions, No of Hotspots, No of users
- Authentication Statistics: Local and International, month-wise from introduction of service
- Architecture: with Up-streams and Down-streams
- Security: Future Plan and Roadmap: Any plan to increase the coverage to designated hotspots like airports, restaurants, hotels and others
o Identity Federation:
- Existing/Proposed Architecture
- Challenge in Implementation
- Planned services under federation
- How many federations in a country? What are the norms?
- Inter-federation communication – Challenges, Opportunities and Outcomes
o Full program : attached document