|(WP4) OF@TEIN+: Open/Federated Playgrounds for Future Networks|
OF@TEIN+: Open/Federated Playgrounds for Future Networks
July 2017 – December 2018
The project partners of OF@TEIN comprise eight countries. Specific participants will be released later
UM (Malaysia) https://www.um.edu.my/
GIST (Korea) http://www.gist.ac.kr/en/
- Gather and Learn Together: Expanding the OF@TEIN community and sharing the knowledge about Open and Federated (i.e. shared) SDN/NFV/Cloud-integrated playground amongst the members
- Build and Upgrade Together: Deployment and upgrade of Open/Federated Playground with distributed SmartX Box playground resources and centralized DataLake/Analytics Hardware.
- Operate and Automate Together: Collaborate with leading members to enable automated DevOps-style operation of playground resources and platforms.
- Play and Visualize Together: Collaborate with all members in experimenting (i.e. playing) and visualizing “Plays over Playground.”
- Investigate and Enrich Together: Investigate selected building-block topics on Future Network technology and attempt to enhance the playground capability/agility by applying the investigation outcomes.
Following the successful completion of the Of@TEIN project, this program, in collaboration with UM and GIST, sets out to build on its achievements and to further enhance, extend and expand OF@TEIN.
The planned overall program duration is 60 months (6 years), however, as a start, it will have a 22 months program during the 1st Asi@Connect Call For Proposals. The specific program themes are as follow:
Build and operate an Open and Federated Future Internet (SDN/NFV/Cloud-integrated) testbed by further promoting SDN-Cloud R&D collaboration among Asi@Connect partners.