- Asi@Connect project launched at national level in Bhutan To help bridge the digital divide across the Asia-Pacific region20 August 2019, Thimphu – The Bhutanese research and education community celebrated the official inauguration of Asi@Connect project. This project seamlessly extends and builds on the successful Trans-Eurasia Information Network (TEIN) initiative. This national launch event in Bhutan was hosted by the Department of Information Technology and Telecom (DITT) under the Ministry of Information & Communications (MoIC), the Asi@Connect partner in Bhutan. In addition to members from Asi@Connect, the launch included representative from the EU Delegation to India and Bhutan, the officials from the Royal Government of Bhutan and other Asi@Connect partners who welcomed the national kick-off of the Asi@Connect project in Bhutan and encouraged the R&E network community to build on achievements to date and further strengthen cooperation between Asia and Europe.Talking about the significance of this new project, H.E. Mr. Tomasz Kozlowski, Ambassador of the European Union to Bhutan pointed out that: "The EU has long supported people to people connectivity. Asi@Connect, co-funded by the EU, is an excellent example of one of the largest regional connectivity initiatives, with the research & education communities of 24 Asia-Pacific countries inter-connected by powerful high-capacity, high quality Internet linkages. Asi@Connect is a platform for promoting a secure, open and cooperative ICT and research environment between Asia and Europe. We are happy to extend the Asi@Connect initiative to Bhutan, which will allow its academic community to get access to the world-class research and education networks.”“The official launch of Asi@Connect in Bhutan marks the opening of a new chapter in research networking across nation,” the Department of Information Technology & Telecom said “Building on the considerable achievements of International R&E network connection via India’s NKN to TEIN, Asi@Connect will enable the connection of more universities and hospitals across Bhutan at higher speeds, roll out advanced network services and contribute to achieving development goals through improved access to education and research resources globally, thus bridging the digital divide in the region.”DITT, MoIC is representing Druk Research and Education Network (DrukREN), the national research and education network in Bhutan, as a participating member of TEIN initiatve since 2009. DrukREN started as a national project funded by Asian Development Bank (ADB) in 2014 to provide high speed network access to colleges under the Royal University of Bhutan (RUB) in Bhutan and selected hospitals. The project is implemented by the Department of Information Technology & Telecom, Ministry of Information & Communications to complement development philosophy of country – “To promote a green and self-reliant economy sustained by an IT enabled knowledge society guided by the philosophy of Gross National Happiness”. DrukREN became operational in April 2018. DrukREN is operated and managed by DITT, MoIC. DrukREN’s link towards TEIN and Global R&E Network commissioned in February 2019 via NKN link of India.Local Media link:http://www.kuenselonline.com/asiconnect-launched-to-enhance-drukren-connectivity/https://dailybhutan.com/article/co-funded-by-the-eu-asi-connect-project-launched-to-provide-high-speed-internet-for-bhutan-s-research-and-education-communitieshttp://www.bbs.bt/news/?p=119815
- Publication of Asi@Connect NREN Compendium 2018 It is our pleasure to notify the publication of Asi@Connect NREN Compendium 2018 Edition.It would not have been possible without your continuous support, collaboration, and encouragement. We also would like to thank the authors of the compendium from Bangladesh, Mr. A. K. M. Habibur Rahman, Mohammad Tawrit, and Sayedur Rahman, whose hard work enabled the project to come to fruition. The compendium will be sent to the EC, the Asi@Connect Governors and Steering Committee members, and it also will be shared with general public by uploading the compendium here on the Asi@Connect website. We hope that this compendium helps Asi@Connect community understand the current situations of each NREN and establish strategies for the best support plans. Thank you again for you support.
- Asi@Connect National Launch Event in Vietnam The national launch event in Vietnam was hosted by the Asi@Connect partner in Vietnam NASATI/VinaREN, with representatives from the EU Delegation to Vietnam and Government officials who welcomed the national kick-off of the Asi@Connect project in Vietnam and encouraged the R&E network community to build on achievements to date and further strengthen cooperation between Asia and Europe. Talking about the significance of this new project, Mrs.Axelle Claude Nicaise, First Counsellor, Head of Political, Press & Information of the EU Delegation to Vietnam, commented: "The EU has long recognized the potential of promoting people-to-people connectivity. Asi@Connect is an excellent example of regional integration, with the R&E communities of 23 Asia-Pacific countries inter-connected by powerful high-capacity, high quality Internet links. Asi@Connect is a vehicle for promoting a peaceful, secure, open and cooperative ICT environment between Asia and Europe, and benefit society as a whole. There are unlimited fields of world-class research which can profit from the powerful links we have created together. Sharing data and working together on astronomy, meteorology, climate change monitoring, or early warning for natural disasters are just a few examples." “The official launch of Asi@Connect marks the opening of a major new chapter in research networking across Asia-Pacific,” Dr. Tran Dac Hien Director General of NASATI/VinaREN said “Building on the considerable achievements of the predecessor phases, Asi@Connect will enable the connection of more countries at higher speeds, roll out advanced network services and contribute to achieving development goals through improved access to education and research resources, thus bridging the digital divide in the region.” VinaREN connects to the regional TEIN backbone at speeds of 1Gbps, enabling closer collaboration between its researchers and educators and their colleagues around the globe. The launch event showcased projects across the region that are benefiting from Asi@Connect. High-speed research and education networks, such as TEIN, were originally developed as tools for scientists and academic institutions – to enable them to share data and co-operate in real time. For example, the researchers of Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST) and Vietnam National University (VNU) in Vietnam are relying on the advanced high-speed TEIN research network to collaborate with their colleagues in OF@TEIN+ project at Korea, Thailand, Malaysia and Taiwan in the field of future Internet. However, the power of these networks lies also in enabling an entirely new way of collaborating on a wide variety of cultural projects – building bridges between different cultures. At the Asia-Pacific Advanced Network 47 Conference in Daejoen, Korea, guests were treated to a performance with a difference. Sitting in a conference centre in Korea in front of a giant screen, they watched a live performance. But the singers and musicians were not physically in Korea, or even together in one place. They were in six separate locations across the globe – in Vietnam, Korea, India, Malaysia, Bangladesh and Pakistan. The three live performances were being streamed in real time to Korea, where they were brought together and synchronised to give one seamless show. More full press release, please find attachment. For Vietnam local media links:https://www.vietnamplus.vn/khai-truong-du-an-mang-thong-tin-asiconnect-tai-viet-nam/590306.vnp https://baotintuc.vn/khoa-hoc-cong-nghe/khai-truong-du-an-asiconnect-tai-viet-nam-20190815224515281.htm https://nhandan.com.vn/khoahoc-congnghe/item/41225402-khai-truong-mang-thong-tin-a-au-asi-connect-tai-viet-nam.html?fbclid=IwAR1zvrK76dHHSVz3yUcSXTXF6yNG3Leyxwo8qOykvBogh2StQnQ2MD-NDWM https://vnanet.vn/vi/anh/anh-thoi-su-trong-nuoc-1014/le-khai-truong-du-an-asiconnect-tai-viet-nam-4026518.html?fbclid=IwAR2gTBRKu8gpTHYNlrJ-pMXWLMjWC-aiJ1nqVgzf1meokGMpPaOqt64NHb0 https://motthegioi.vn/khoa-hoc-cong-nghe-c-68/khai-truong-du-an-mang-thong-tin-a-au-asiconnect-tai-viet-nam-119269.html?fbclid=IwAR0jXAY50_-IoJ7-A1wHhi7yPtbPLlPvM89UnZogViHyueHJHSUzZEdFOgY https://infonet.vn/khai-truong-du-an-asiconnect-tai-viet-nam-post309781.info
- 4th Call for Proposals closed The 4th Call for Proposal submission is closed as of 15 July 2019. Thank you for your interest and efforts with good ideas for Asi@Connect. Please keep on your eyes on this website. We will pop up the result of the concept note selection while contact each of selected proposal. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2019.09.06 ~ 2019.09.07 ○ Date: Sep 6th – 7th, 2019 ○ Venue: Hotel Royal Ambarrukmo Yogyakarta, Indonesia ○ Program: 2 Sessions Day 1- Medical Workshop Day 2 – Radiopharmacist, Technologist/Physicist Workshop ○ Participants: 8 Speakers from Korea (SNU, SNUH, CNUH) 3 Speakers from Indonesia Approximately 100 participants will join the workshop. ○ Purpose 1) To provide deep insight of nuclear medicine into the latest development in the field 2) To educate next-generation leaders and nuclear medicine scientists taking advantage of the connected infra structure of research/education networks
- 2019.09.09 ~ 2019.10.02 ○ When: September 9 Sep – 2 Oct 2019○ Organizer: BdRENThis course provides the foundational knowledge needed to ethically and effectively discover and exploit vulnerabilities in systems by assuming both the mindset and toolset of an attacker. The objective of conducting this course is not to create hackers but to protect the system from the perpetrators. It is taken for granted that without having the proper expertise of how hackers do hack, it is obvious that orchestrating remedial measures will be an unrealistic dream. Hence, to protect individual’s system and improve organization’s security, this course will work as a foundation. It will not be realistic to take that by doing a 4 (four) week course all the techniques and tools of hacking will be discovered. The motto of the course should not be over emphasized.Realistically, it is undeniable that by attending the course and following the assignments and contents the participants will have the interest and the confidence to understand and face the threat from preliminary level of hacking. Moreover, the course will arouse the interest in the participants to move forward and attend more advanced courses on ethical hacking.What you will learn?o To start thinking and looking at your network through the eyes of malicious attackers.o To understand the motivation of an attacker.o To protect infrastructure from not only outside attackers but also attackers within your company. The terminology used by attackerso The difference between "hacking" and "ethical hacking"o The phases of hackingo The types of attacks on a system, what skills an Ethical Hacker needs to obtaino Types of security policieso Why Ethical Hacking is essentialo How to roam around the hacking worldo To know who is a "hacker" and what are the biggest security attack vectorso How to identify vulnerableo How to defend attackso How to apply ethical hackingFor more information: https://dle.asiaconnect.bdren.net.bd/
- 2019.09.08 ~ 2019.09.09 ○ When: September 8-9, 2019○ Where: Movenpick Hotel, Chiang Mai, Thailand (collocated with APNIC48 Conference)○ Organizer: GÉANT TRANSITS Train the Trainer is the 5th and last activity of the CSIRT Capacity Building in Asia project, led by GÉANT. In the past two years, 60 funded participants from 15 beneficiary countries attended TRANSITS I trainings and shared their experiences at the CSIRT in Asia meetings, collocated with APAN Conferences. The final activity will bring 10 of the attendees that are planning to run CSIRT trainings themselves together for a bespoke Train the Trainer event, created especially for this project and taken the specifics of the region into consideration. The aim of this training is to provide the participants the support needed in designing, planning and executing a CSIRT training, using the TRANSITS I materials. The participants will be expected to actively take part, invited to contribute and co-create during the course.The training is designed and will be led by Irina Mikhailava, Head of Learning and Development (GÉANT).
- 2019.08.27 ~ 2019.08.28 ○ When: August 27 – 28, 2019 ○ Where: BdREN, Dhaka, Bangladesh○ Organizer: Bangladesh Research and Education Network (BdREN) This Workshop has been designed to collect feedback, analyze the feedbacks, assess the positives and negatives of thedigital seminars and distance learning courses that have been conducted and to find out ways of improvement, if any. Inaddition to that the proceedings of the digital seminar that took place will be placed to the audience by CEO, BdREN for open discussion. Moreover, the progress of the project so far will be discussed and scrutinized. At the same time, the roadmap of the project in accomplishing future activities will be discussed and feedback will be collected from the representatives of the beneficiary countries.The event will be participated by representatives from ThaiREN, NREN, DrukREN and LEARN. Instructor is Erik Kikkenborg from NORDUnet. In addition to that, there are 10 local participants in the workshop.Course on “Cyber Security” and certificates and rewards will be awarded to the recipients. For more information: https://dle.asiaconnect.bdren.net.bd/
- 2019.09.17 ~ 2019.09.17 ○ When: August 20 – 21, 2019 ○ Where: Le Meridien Hotel, Thimphu, Bhutan○ Organizer: DITT of MoIC Bhutan/DrukEN The Department of Information Technology and Telecom (DITT) under the Ministry of Information and Communications (MoIC) is very delighted and honored to host “Asi@Connect Launch Event and Technical Workshop on Network Management and Application” at Le Meridien in Thimphu, Bhutan from 20 to 21 August 2019.Asi@Connect Launch Event and Workshop on Network Management and Application will be held in the following format (see Programme Agenda):Launching ceremony of DrukREN Connectivity to TEIN and Global R&E Network will be observed on the 1st day followed by Techinical Session on Telemedicine. Live Streaming of Endoscopy will be arranged during the technical session.Asi@Connect Launch Event and Technical Workshop on Network Management and Application will conclude on the 2nd day with half-day programme on: “NREN Activities”, followed by session on Network Management.For Full program and event information: https://drukren.bt/asiconnect-project-bhutan-launch-event/
- 2019.08.15 ~ 2019.08.16 ○ When: August 15 – 16, 2019 ○ Where: Hilton Hanoi Opera Hotel & NASATI Office, Hanoi Vietnam○ Organizer: NASATI/VinaREN National Agency for Science and Technology Information(NASATI) will hold the Asi@Connect National Launch Event on 15-16 August 2019 in Hanoi. The launch event may representatives from the Delegation of European Union to Vietnam along with honorable guests of the diplomats from the Embassy of Asi@Connect partner countries. Also VinaREN members will take place together to celebrate local project inauguration. The event will combined with the Eduroam workshopto facilitate VinaREN and TEIN collaboration. For more information can be found at attached program.
- 2019.08.12 ~ 2019.08.16 ○ When: August 12 – 16, 2019 ○ Where: National University of Laos, Lao PDR○ Organizer: Lanka Education and Research Network (LEARN) The IPv6 Deployment Workshop as the first workshop of the project, Uplifting Resources to Deploy IPv6, DNS/DNSSEC, identity access management and monitoring of the network performance and its security, will be held on 12th – 16th August 2019 at National University of Laos. This workshop has been designed for engineers and technical staff at the Universities and R&E networks. In building the capacity of technical knowledge of regional NRENs, LEARN in collaboration with Royal University of Bhutan, Lao Education and Research Network (LERNET) and APNIC organizes this workshop. Further, this will facilitate the NREN engineers from Afghanistan, Bhutan, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam. For more information, please visit : https://ipv6.nuol.edu.la/
- 2019.07.10 ~ 2019.07.12 ▶When: 10-12, July 2019 ▶Where: Indiana University Gateway Facility, in New Delhi, India ▶Organizers: International Networks at Indiana University (IN@IU) The Asi@Connect project and International Networks at Indiana University are hosting a three-day perfSONAR training workshop 10-12 July 2019 at the Indiana University Gateway Facility, in New Delhi, India. Participants from NRENs in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka are invited to attend. This workshop is designed for engineers and system staffs working at Universities, academic networks and R&E networks involved in network monitoring and management and troubleshooting. The workshop will provide each attendee with a perfSONAR node, an overview of the perfSONAR toolkit, a hands-on experience installing and using it, and an introduction to interpreting output and troubleshooting any observed network issues. Upon completion of the workshop, attendees will be able to: ○ Install a perfSONAR node (all attendees will be given a node to take home with them). ○ Run a standard perfSONAR measurement mesh and participate in the measurement meshes of other groups as needed. ○ Understand how perfSONAR can detect hard and soft failures in the network. ○ Identify steps to resolve hard and soft failures as identified in the measurement meshes. ○ Use the slides and contact points made available to them to assist in training at the local level. * For details of this program, please download attached document.
[Extension of Submission deadline] – Contract Notice for supply contract for the Delivery, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Fiber
TEIN*CC is seeking offers for the provision, delivery, installation and support of optical cabl...
(Announcement)Postponement of 4th Call for Proposal concept note notification date: 16th September.
This is to inform you that due to a large number of applications received and tight schedule for t...
[Contract Notice] Service contract for Asi@Connect connectivity - Malaysia
The Asi@Connect project seeks international dedicated point-to-poi...
[Contract Notice] – Supply contract for the Delivery, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Fiber
TEIN*CC is seeking offers for the provision, delivery, installation and support of opti...
Asi@Conncet is co-funded by the European Union under
Grant contract ACA 2016/376-562. This website is the
sole responsibility of TEIN*CC and can in no way be
taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
The Ministry of Science and ICT of the Republic of Korea supports TEIN*Cooperation Center's operation and project costs.
The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of TEIN*CC and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the Ministry of Science and ICT of the Republic of Korea.
Seoul Metropolitan City Government has contributed
TEIN*Cooperation Center office, facilities and property