- The 9th Asi@Connect Meeting (1 February 2021) The 9th Asi@Connect Meeting will held in virtual conference on 1 February 2021. When & Where1 February 2020, UTC 09:40 (14:40 in Pakistan)Venue: Virtual Conference (with APAN51 hosted by PERN) Meeting AgendaTBD Asi@Connect meeting will be held in conjunction with APAN51 Meeting that supports the virtual meeting room and technical support. Please register APAN51 at https://apan51.apan.net/apan51-registration/ For more information about Asi@Connect meeting, please contact Ms. Eunjin HU(Tel: +82-2-3153-7343/ email: email@example.com)
- Mongolia Research and Education Network (ErdemNet) connected to TEIN (Trans Eurasia Information Network) The Mongolia Research and Education Network (ErdemNet) has recently connected to the Trans-Eurasia Information Network (TEIN), the high-capacity regional research and education (R&E) network in the Asia-Pacific. At an initial capacity of 150 Mbps, ErdemNet’s connection was implemented in the framework of the EU-funded regional R&E network project Asi@Connect and will further enable the higher education and research communities in Mongolia to participate in collaborative R&E activities with peers across the region and across the globe. In addition, this step opens up opportunities to enhance human capacity building for network engineers and campus IT administrators through Asi@Connect training programmes, and to engage in global collaborations in tele-medicine, e-science, e-learning and best practise exchange. Along with the recent connection of Bhutan to the TEIN backbone, Mongolia’s addition to the TEIN network topology map marks a major achievement for the TEIN community: all 24 partner countries participating in the Asi@Connect project are now connected and, by extension, have access to the global R&E network infrastructure through TEIN’s international interconnections, such as with the pan-European network GÉANT. Erdemnet has developed a roadmap to connect its member institutions to TEIN in four phases over the next 4 years.Stressing the significance of this connection, Professor Erdenebaatar Altangerel, Mongolian University of Science and Technology, commented: “Asi@Connect is an excellent example of regional integration, with the R&E communities of 24 Asia-Pacific countries inter-connected by powerful high-capacity, high quality Internet links. The recent network connection between Erdemnet and TEIN will contribute to the development of a secure, open and cooperative ICT environment for Mongolia’s higher education and research community and, in turn, benefit society as a whole. As the executive director of the Mongolian Information Technology Consortium, I had meetings with representatives of scientific institutions such as National University of Mongolia, University of Science and Technology (MUST), Medical University and Academia of Sciences. They expressed deep interest in the Asi@Connect project and I hope they will join this network soon with new ideas.Our first member institution to connect will be the School of Geology and Mining Engineering of MUST; they have existing collaborations with Beijing SHRIMP Center, Institute of Geology and the Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences in the area of mineral research. Rather than having to rely on the commercial Internet to adequately meet their data communications needs, these collaborations will hugely benefit from this connectivity solution associated with the TEIN connection. The TEIN connection to ErdemNet will enable students, faculty, researchers and administrators to access an extensive national online library and to work together locally, nationally and internationally using state-of-the-art networking and computing facilities. One of the top priorities for the ErdemNet community is investing in people and skills, which is key for sustainable development planning. ErdemNet is now working hard to provide better access to health and education facilities, and to create new opportunities for the people of Mongolia to achieve their potential.”About Asi@ConnectThe EU co-funded Asi@Connect project provides a dedicated regional high capacity and high quality Internet network, Trans-Eurasia Information Network (TEIN), for research and education (R&E) communities across Asia-Pacific and Europe, and leverages e-infrastructures developed for public service projects. This project marks the 4th phase of EU funding to the TEIN programme which was launched as an Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Initiative in 2000; it successfully established a regional research and education Internet network from scratch in 2004 and progressively expanded its geographical footprint over the years. Asi@Connect takes over the R&E backbone from TEIN-4, the most recent phase in the TEIN Initiative and will continue to connect regional researchers with their counterparts in Europe via GÉANT, the world’s most advanced international research and education network, providing the Asia-Pacific countries with a gateway for global research collaboration. Asi@Connect receives €20 Million funding from the EU up to 2021 with additional financial contributions from the Asian partners.The Asi@Connect partners are the National Research & Education Network associations (NRENs) of Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, The Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Chinese Taipei, Thailand, and Vietnam. Asi@Connect is managed by the regional networking organisation TEIN*Cooperation Center (TEIN*CC) which was endorsed by the ASEM-8 Summit in Brussels in 2010, and established in Seoul, Korea in 2011. To find out more, visit www.tein.asiaAbout ErdemNETThe Computer Science and Management School (CSMS) of Mongolian Technical University (MTU) is the catalysing entity of the Mongolian national research and education network (ErdemNet). Since 2000, CSMS of MUST has contributed to establishing ErdemNet which is set to become an academic ISP for all universities in the country. CSMS is one of the leading institutions in Mongolia, fostering research & teaching collaborations and information sharing between universities in Mongolia and internationally. Since the beginning of ErdemNet’s engagement in the TEIN programme in 2013, several knowledge sharing sessions and capacity building activities for member universities have been conducted under theTEIN-4 and Asi@Connect projects. For more information about us, visit http://edu.mn/ErdemNet is the networking department of the Information Technology Center of Education under the Ministry of Education and Science.
- The 8th Asi@Connect Meeting (3 August 2020) The 8th Asi@Connect Meeting will held in virtual conference on 3 August 2020. When & Where3 August 2020, UTC 07:00 ~ 09:00 (15:00 ~ 17:00 in Hong Kong)Venue: Virtual Conference (with APAN50 hosted by JUCC)How to connect? To join the virtual meeting room, please follow below steps:1. Register APAN50: https://apan50.hk/registration/ 2. Invitation email from APAN503. Create APAN50 account (link via invitation email)4. Log-in APAN50: https://apan50.hk/ 5. Join a session : virtual meeting room link will be provided by TEIN*CC (email)Asi@Connect meeting will be held in conjunction with APAN50 Meeting that supports the virtual meeting room and technical support. For more information about Asi@Connect meeting, please contact Ms. Eunjin HU(Tel: +82-2-3153-7343/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The 7th Asi@Connect Meetings in Nepal Cancelled The upcoming APAN49 and Asi@Connect Meetings in Kathmandu, Nepal cancelled due to the current outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) across Asia region.TEIN*CC will update for further details.
- 2021.03.02 ~ 2021.03.02 The 9th Asi@Connect Meeting will held in virtual conference on 1 February 2021. When & Where1 February 2020, UTC 09:40 (14:40 in Pakistan)Venue: Virtual Conference (with APAN51 hosted by PERN) Meeting AgendaTBD Asi@Connect meeting will be held in conjunction with APAN51 Meeting that supports the virtual meeting room and technical support. Please register APAN51 at https://apan51.apan.net/apan51-registration/ For more information about Asi@Connect meeting, please contact Ms. Eunjin HU(Tel: +82-2-3153-7343/ email: email@example.com)
- 2020.12.12 ~ 2020.12.26 Topic: Configuration of Zoom and Identity Provider (IdP)Date: December 12-26, 2020 to December 26, 2020Duration: 3 Days (8 Hours Per Day/1 Day Per Week)Time: 10:00~17:00 [GMT+6]Where: Virtual (Using Zoom Platform).Overview: Main goal of this course is to introduce zoom video conferencing system and its operation, identity federation, LDAP and IDP server configuration and Zoom service integration with the identity federation.Certificate/Award:• Digital Certificate will be delivered to successful Candidates.• Each participant will get 50(fifty) Euros provided he/she attends each and every session. Learning Outcomes: At the end of this course, the participants will be able to learn:1. Basics of Zoom and Cisco WebRTC Application2. Configuration of Zoom in a local platform3. Configuration of IdP (Identity Provider) for Zoom as a Service.Prerequisites:• Academic Qualification: o B.Sc. Engineer/Science Graduate in any discipline with Special knack on Computer Systems• Prerequisite Skills: o Knowledge of Advanced Linux Operating System with hands-on working experienceo Knowledge of installation and usage of VMWare/Oracle Box workstation version will be preferable• Resources: o Laptop or Desktopo Internet ConnectivityFor Details: https://dle.asiaconnect.bdren.net.bd/upcoming_event/configurationidp/
- 2020.12.10 ~ 2020.12.10 Topic: Selection of LMS and Video Collaboration ApplicationsDate and Time: December 10, 2020, 10:00am-11:30amVenue: Virtual “Using Zoom Application”Overview: Learning Management System (LMS) is nothing new but it got its widespread popularity in our country at the outbreak of COVID-19 and at the closure of the educational institutes as a fallout. However, do LMS relate only with online education or its purview is far-reaching touching the domains of blended and onsite education as well. In this very Digital Talk the speaker as well as the panelists will highlight on this issue. Also they will focus on the features of a standard LMS Software. At the same time the various LMS software application will be compared on the basis of all the standard as well as value added features. Not only that, the available popular LMSs like Moodle, Google Class, Brightspace, Mukto-path, Blackboard and others will be graded out of 10. Also, a tentative cost analysis will be made to give the viewers an idea about their starting point.Another important decision we are brooding on at the moment is the selection of Video Collaboration Software available in the market. “Yes” many of them are “Free” software, and few of them are “Licensed” software. Some of them are “Licensed” but their free version is also available with few limitations. A few of them are “Open Sourced”, rest are “Proprietary”. Most of them are coming up with “Cloud” solution, but there are “On-prem” version available for a few of them. A detail discussion will be held on the features of popular Video Collaboration Software like “Zoom”, “Cisco Webex”, “Google Meet”, “Microsoft Team”, “Big Blue Button” and “Jitsey”. Also will be discussed are the important features the service provider and client need to focus on other than price. The viewers will get a complete idea about the very selection of the software considering the individual’s context.Objective: The principal objective of organizing the seminar is to delve into the features of LMS and Video Collaboration Application to educate the viewers about the selection of the software while they decide to go for it. The pros and cons of all these software will be presented to the very audience to give them a 360o view.Agenda: o What is LMS?o Benefits of LMSo Open-source vs Proprietary Softwareo Features of Standard LMS o Comparison of various LMS Application available in the marketo Grading of LMS Applicationso Role of Video Collaboration Softwareo Pros and Cons of different Video Collaboration software available in the marketo Free of Cost vs Licensed Softwareo On-prem vs Cloud Application Softwareo Grading of Video Collaboration SoftwareName of the Presenter:1. Prof. Dr. Hasan Sarwar, UIU, BangladeshName of the Panelists:1. Prof. Dr. Muhammed Alamgir, Honorable Member, UGC, Bangladesh2. Professor Imran Rahman, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh3. Asif Shahid Khan, HEC, PERN 4. Prof. Dr. Ragel Roshan, Consultant, LEARN• URL for details: https://dle.asiaconnect.bdren.net.bd/upcoming_event/digitalk-• Zoom Webinar link: https://bdren.zoom.us/j/62427347163 • Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/BdRENUGC/2/
- 2021.03.02 ~ 2021.03.02 ㅇ When: - Date: 03 October 2020 to 21 November 2020 - Time: 16:00-18:00 [GMT+6]ㅇ Where: Virtual (Using Zoom Platform).ㅇ Overview: The purpose of this course is to prepare participants for a possible future role as a practicing statistician. This course introduces how to present, analyze and interpret data using industry standard software package. In every field of work, confidently and competently analyzing data and drawing conclusions are extremely crucial and phenomenally important. This course will help the trainees to develop the skills using statistical software package/s. The package/s that will be used to demonstrate is/are widely used in business, industry, government, commerce and the education and health sectors. As mentioned, the classes will be conducted using industry renowned software package/s but the student might follow any standard package/s to complete the given assignments.ㅇ Certificate/Award: - Digital Certificate will be delivered to successful Candidates. - Top 15 performer will receive award of 50 Euro each.Where: Virtual (Using Zoom Platform).Week Topic(s) Date Time (GMT+6) Hours 1 Introduction to Statistics October 03, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 2 Introduction to Computer Applications on Statistical Analysis and Data Entry October 10, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 3 Computing Measures of Central Tendency Using Computer Application/s October 17, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 4 Computing Measures of Dispersion Using Computer Application/s October 24, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 5 Creating Graphs and Cross Tables Using Computer Application/s October 31, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 6 Correlation Analysis Using Computer Application/s November 07, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 7 Regression Analysis Using Computer Application/s November 14, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 8 Test of Hypothesis Using Computer Application/s November 21, 2020 16:00~18:00 2 ㅇhttps://dle.asiaconnect.bdren.net.bd/upcoming_event/dle6/
- 2020.09.30 ~ 2020.09.30 ㅇ Date: 30 September, 2020ㅇ Time: 10:00am-01:00pm [GMT+6]ㅇ Venue: Virtual "Using Zoom Application"ㅇ Overview Blockchain Technology has become the latest hype. What is Blockchain? Is it legal to deal with Blockchain Technology? Is it related only with Bitcoins which is yet to be legalized in many countries including Bangladesh? If it is not, then what are its usages and in which field this technology is relevant to? How is it applicable to REN community? Is blockchain secured? Is it a panacea? All these questions will be addressed in two and half hours of intensive discussion among industry renowned academicians and professionals who have wide experience on this specific field. Also, issues of the relevancy of blockchain with REN and the member institutes under REN community, particularly the Higher Education Institutes (HEI) will be intensely thrashed out in this brief discussion session. At the end, the future roadmap of Blockchain will also be looked into with a special focus on the role of this specific fDLuDCf project in taking the technology move forward. Also we can think about moving forward with some other project using this technology and look for the financing source. ㅇPresenters and Panelists Name Role Organization/Affiliation Country 1 Prof. Dr. Md. Sadek Ferdous Presenter Professor, Department of CSE, SUST Bangladesh 2 Khondkar Atique-e-Rabbani, FCA Presenter B Tech (Hons), UK Bangladesh 3 Mir Masud Kabir Panelist & Chair Managing Director Mango Telecom, Bangladesh Bangladesh 4 Prof. Dr. Muheymin-us-Sakib Panelist IIT, Dhaka University, Bangladesh Bangladesh 5 Mr. Habibullah N. Karim Panelist Founder & CEO Technohaven Company Ltd Bangladesh 6 Sami Ahmed Panelist Bangladesh ㅇ Agenda: Blockchain Architecture Characteristics Types of Blockchain Application versatility Relevance with NRENs Challenges in Implementations Any suggestion to move forwardㅇ URL for details: https://dle.asiaconnect.bdren.net.bd/upcoming_event/digitalk-1/ ㅇ Meeting ID: https://bdren.zoom.us/s/68347379682ㅇ Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/BdRENUGC/
- 2020.09.28 ~ 2020.10.02 ㅇ When: September 28-October 02, 2020ㅇ Where: S-block (S-18 Lab), Science Block, Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi, Pakistanㅇ Organizer: Riphah International University, Islamabad, Pakistan in support from European Union, TEIN*CC and Asi@connectㅇ About the eventThe Network Security Training and Workshop for women network engineers supported by Asi@Connect will be held on September 28-October 02, 2020, at Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi, Pakistan organized by Riphah International University, Islamabad, Pakistan. This workshop is designed for Women Network engineers and staffs working at Universities and academic networks, primarily involved with network monitoring and security. The course is for those who need to secure Network. This course is designed on diverse Network security principles. It includes conceptual sessions as well as hands-on labs. This workshop is designed to enhance and amplify women's network security skills, understanding, and knowledge.ㅇ Web LINK: https://fjwu.edu.pk/fjwu-events/network-security-training-and-workshop/ ㅇ Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/333577181218203/?active_tab=about
- 2020.09.08 ~ 2020.09.08 Date: 8th Tuesday, September 2020 Place: Real-time video conference joining 5 countries -- Faculty of Engineering at Chulalongkorn University (CU), Thailand -- Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), South Korea -- Faculty of Engineering at National University of Laos (NUOL), Laos -- The University of Tokyo, Japan -- University of Malaya, MalaysiaTarget attendance: The IoTcloidServe@TEIN project member and executive invited guests from the organizations in collaboration with IoTcloudServe@TEIN project(Background): Future Internet evolution with the emerging Internet of Things (IoT) has already shed light upon a huge potential as connected-society enablement. With the exponential growth of IoT, a scaleable data-centric IoT system by sharing the physical resources across services or workloads is needed to support the huge data collection and processing from various IoT devices. To investigate this challenge together in TEIN community, this “Data-Centric IoT-Cloud Service Platform for Smart Communities (IoTcloudServe@TEIN)” project has been instantiated within the umbrella of Asi@Connect with the following objectives:- To design, develop, and operate a centralized IoT-cloud service platform site (called “IoTcloudServe@TEIN”) in Thailand, that is accessible over TEIN communities with the supports from the OF@TEIN+ underlay network infrastructure.- To demonstrate the usefulness of the developed IoTcloudServe@TEIN by running three data-centric IoT-cloud services in two selected TEIN sites, namely, Smart-Energy/Mobility@Chula (Chulalongkorn University, Thailand) and Smart-Agriculture@NUOL (National University of Laos).(Event Purpose): In this completion of the IoTcloudServe@TEIN project, this 3rd collaboration community meeting is intended to share in TEIN communities and collaborating partners important lessons learnt. Here, the Smart-Energy/Smart-Mobility@Chula and Smart-Agriculture@NUOL sites will be demonstrated together with the container-based orchestrating system provisioned by the IoTcloudServe@TEIN testbed infrastructure. At the finale, potential participants are encouraged to discuss upon possible further collaboration in the upcoming Open Federated Playgrounds for AI-Inspired SmartX Services (OF@TEIN++) by utilizing the learnt lessons and established IoTcloudServe@TEIN playground.URL for details: https://github.com/IoTcloudServe/the-3rd-collaboration-community-meeting
- 2020.08.22 ~ 2020.10.10 Online course on: Data Center Virtualization and Cloud Computing Infrastructure When: Date: 22 August 2020 to 10 October 2020 Time: 11:00-13:00 [GMT+6] Where: Virtual (Using Zoom Platform). Overview: Main goal of this course is to introduce the components of a Data Center and Cloud Computing. The main purpose of this course is to give a holistic view of the Data Center and its components virtualization techniques. Certificate/Award: Digital Certificate will be delivered to successful Candidates. Top 15 performer will receive award 50 Euro each.Topics: Instructors: Khandakar Rashedul Arefin, Manager, Data Center, BdREN Md. Ariful Islam, Manager, Data & Transmission, BdREN Jamilur Rahman, Network Engineer (NOC), BdREN Abu Naser Md. Nafew, Network Engineer (NOC), BdREN Participants: Around 200+ For Details: https://dle.asiaconnect.bdren.net.bd/upcoming_event/dle-5/
[Service Contract Notice] TEIN Singapore POP Equipment Housing (Co-location) Service
TEIN*CC is seeking offers for the housing (Co-location) service of equipment in the Global Switch...
[Supply Contract Notice] – PH Sensor, Bio-Sensor, Soil Sensor, and Software (Visual Studio, Maltab including advanced tools)
TEIN*CC is seeking offers for the provision, delivery, installation and support of PH Sensor, Bio-...
[Contract Notice - further procurement] Supply of Smart Environment P&S Module, Gas Sensing Probes, etc. in Pakistan
TEIN*CC is seeking further offers for the delivery, installation, and support of Smart Envi...
[Contract Notice] RFP for NREN Needs Assessment(NNA)
TEIN*CC would like to release the Request for Proposal(RFP) for NREN Needs Assessment(NNA) to unde...
Asi@Conncet is co-funded by the European Union under
Grant contract ACA 2016/376-562. This website is the
sole responsibility of TEIN*CC and can in no way be
taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
The Ministry of Science and ICT of the Republic of Korea supports TEIN*Cooperation Center's operation and project costs.
The contents of this document are the sole responsibility of TEIN*CC and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the Ministry of Science and ICT of the Republic of Korea.
Seoul Metropolitan City Government has contributed
TEIN*Cooperation Center office, facilities and property